Flu Vaccinations 2020
This year, more than ever, it is important to get the flu vaccine.
We continue to offer appointments for our patients aged 65 years and over, and patients under 65 years with an eligible health condition. You should have received already received a letter inviting you to get the flu vaccine. Please contact us at 0131-3703999 to book your appointment.
For Pre-School Flu Vaccines, if your child is aged two to five years old and has not yet started school then you should book an appointment with the Childhood Immunisations Team by telephoning 07766922751. You can phone between 9am and 12noon until 27th November. We are sorry, but we cannot book the appointments at our practice.
For guidance, at risk groups include:
- Asthma that requires continued use of steroids
- Cancer patients receiving ongoing treatment
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic renal or liver disease
- Chronic respiratory disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Pregnant Women
- Stroke / TIA
- In long stay residential accommodation
- Unpaid carers to At Risk patients
- Healthcare workers
- Morbid obesity BMI >=40